The Harvard Business School Club of Toronto invites Harvard community members to join them for a webinar
HBS Prof. Deepak Malhotra: "The Peacemaker's Code" & Lessons on Negotiations, Strategy, & Diplomacy
WHEN: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDT (Access information will be sent in advance of the webinar to registered participants.)
This event is FREE for Harvard Club of Toronto members - Click here to register.
HBS Club of Toronto, in collaboration with fellow HBS Clubs, will host a conversation with Deepak Malhotra, Eli Goldstein Professor of Business Administration at HBS, about the negotiation, strategy and diplomacy lessons in his recently published debut novel, The Peacemaker’s Code. While The Peacemaker’s Code has elements of sci-fi, thriller and drama, it re-examines the human condition and blends in real insights and learnings.
Professor Kilmer, a renowned historian of war and diplomacy, is collected from his home and whisked off to Washington. Thrust into the highest levels of government as an adviser to the President, the young historian must come to terms with the seemingly impossible, figure out how to navigate a world where not everything is as it appears, and use all the skills and knowledge he has acquired in his life to help save humanity from a conflict of truly epic proportions. A genre-breaking novel that re-examines the human condition and masterfully blends some of the most compelling themes in literature: war & peace, strategy & serendipity, love & friendship, courage & fear, the bounds of possibility, and the limits of imagination.
Deepak Malhotra is a professor at Harvard Business School, and the award-winning author of Negotiation Genius and Negotiating the Impossible.
- He is an advisor to CEOs across the globe, and to governments that are trying to negotiate an end to intractable armed conflicts.
- In 2020, Deepak launched a new course at Harvard, entitled War & Peace: The Lessons of History for Strategy, Leadership, Negotiation, Policy and Humanity.
- Also, in 2020, Deepak was named Business School "Professor of the Year" by Poets & Quants.
- He has won numerous awards for his teaching & research, including the HBS Faculty Award, and has been twice selected by Harvard MBA students to give the end-of-year speech to the graduating class.
- In 2014, Deepak was listed as one of the "world's best business school professors" under the age of 40.